Friday, May 10, 2013

Logan's Party Decor

Logan's birthday party theme was animals with a nice gold, navy and orange polka dot color scheme. It started with the invitations and I built off the rest from there. 

Wild time invitation animal gold navy orange dot first birthday

I handmade all of them - starting with the text layout in photoshop. I then printed them out on glossy photo paper and layered them on navy card stock, placing both the invite and card stock on top of the orange polka dot paper. 

orange navy polka dot paper

Next, I used my cricut to cut out animal silhouettes from gold glitter card stock. I adhered them to the invitations using glue dots. 

cricut gold animal invitation birthday party


The final invitation stack was quite tall - 35 invitations tall to be exact.

first birthday paper gold glitter cricut

I punched out circles from the extra paper and sent them off to my best friend in Austin, TX. She then sewed all the circles together to make the garland you see on the dessert table and other places around the room, like the smash cake and beverage cart.

gold navy animal orange garland


cake garlandcircle garland sewn party invitation

I decided to spray paint a bunch of plastic animals gold to continue on the theme. I used them for the centerpiece, table accents and on top of the cupcakes.

gold animal centerpiece

animal cupcake topper

I utilized gold animals for the party favors too. I super glued mini animals onto baby food jar lids and then sprayed both animal and lids gold. After filling the jars with m&ms or puffs (depending on the child's age) I punched out a label and wrote each child's name with white pen. The children got an age appropriate animal book as well.

animal zoo party favor first birthday DIY

glam animal party favor
Finally, I took extra invitation paper to make a "1" banner for Logan's high chair. I simply strung the pendants together on yarn. The finished product can be seen on the highchair in the final picture.

homemade birthday pendant
At the last minute, I used photoshop to print out to create an orange polka dot template and I put a picture of Logan from every month on the template. I printed them at Rite Aid and strung them up for over the main buffet table. 

birthday photo banner easy

I added in some balloons and it turned out quite nicely, if I do say so myself. 

animal zoo party decor diy first birthday glam
What was your child's first birthday theme? Did you make any decorations?

No comments:

Post a Comment